1/7/08, 4:25 pm EST
Manu Chao released his latest album, the multilingual La Radiolina last year, but we’ve got a special post-holiday treat for you: three copies of the vinyl version of La Radiolina, each autographed by Mr. Chao himself. If you’re eighteen and older and live in the continental United States, enter to win one by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line « Manu Chao Giveaway » and your name, age and e-mail address. The contest closes Friday January 11th at 11:59P.M. and three winners will be chosen at random next Monday January 14th to each win one autographed vinyl. Full contest rules after the jump.
Official Rules for Manu Chao
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Open to legal residents of the continental United States who as of January 7, 2008 are 18 years of age or older.
How to Enter:
1. To enter the « Manu Chao » Sweepstakes (the « Sweepstakes »), e-mail email@example.com with your name, age and email address. Sweepstakes begins at 4:30 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) on January 7, 2008. All online entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) on January 11, 2008.
2. No mechanically reproduced or computer generated entries permitted. Not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries, or entries containing incorrect or incomplete information. Not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer, on-line, or Internet systems or services, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry or confirmation or winners notice on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, problems with the Rolling Stone website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from downloading any materials in connection with the Sweepstakes. Entries become the property of Rolling Stone, RollingStone.com and Wenner Media LLC (« Sponsors ») and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Three (3) Grand Prize winners will be selected from a random drawing held on or about January 14, 2008 from among all eligible entries received. The winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
Three (3) Grand Prize winners will receive: an autographed limited edition vinyl copy of Manu Chao’s « La Radiolina. » Actual retail value of the Grand Prize may vary. Certain restrictions may apply. RollingStone.com reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
1. Employees of Sponsors, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in same household are not eligible.
2. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except as provided herein. Prizes are non-redeemable for cash. In the event of unavailability, Sponsors may substitute a prize of greater or equal value.
3. All federal/state/local taxes are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
4. Potential prize winners must execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form within 10 days of notification. Noncompliance/return of prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
5. By entering, participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated entities, and each of their directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any damage, injury, expense, cost, death, loss, claim, action, demand, or other liability that may arise in connection with the Sweepstakes, or resulting from their acceptance and/or use of any prize, their travel to or from any prize related activity, their participation in this promotion, or from any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage.
6. Acceptance of any Prize constitutes consent to use winner’s name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
7. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the RollingStone.com website, or who is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsors further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes in the event the Sweepstakes is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, or technical failures of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE ROLLINGSTONE.COM WEBSITE OR TAMPER WITH OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT(S) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding with regard to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
9. Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the State and Federal Court located in New York County and agree that such courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
For names of prize winners, after 01/14/08, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed, No.10 envelope to: « Manu Chao » Sweepstakes c/o RollingStone.com, 1290 Avenue of the Americas, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10104.